Legal PA Commercial
Legal PA Commercial
Post date: 7 Feb 2024 (19 days ago)
We are looking for a Legal PA to join our Commercial team. With a competitive salary, a great work-life balance and excellent benefits, you’ll be based at our modern Grade A offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson is a Top 200 UK Law Firm as recognised by The Lawyer. We are also proud to be ranked ‘Top Tier’ by The Legal 500, commended by The Times ‘Best Law Firms 2019 and 2023’ and accredited as ‘World Class’ in the Best Companies League Table 2023.
We are one of the largest independent law firms in the North West, a bold claim we are proud to make because it’s been hard won. No instant growth through acquisition or merger. Instead, growth earned from our day-to-day endeavours, an entrepreneurial approach to doing business and a rock-solid reputation.
We recruit staff who are motivated by our core values and have an affinity to our collegiate and independent ethos.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Legal PA to join our firm and provide a high-quality service to the firm and its fee earners in the Commercial department. There will also be opportunity for the successful candidate to work with our Corporate and Insolvency teams.
The successful candidate will have exceptional interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills and have experience of providing a high-quality service.
Excellent MS Office skills and the ability to carry out multiple and varied tasks simultaneously is essential.
Duties of the Legal PA include:
- Produce high quality documents and ensure files are maintained using a document management system
- Format and amend documents using speech recognition technology
- Audio type using a digital dictation system
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or taking messages
- Use a diary management system to arrange meetings and make appointments
- Prepare bills and ensure up to date narratives are obtained and logged onto the system, draw cheques, deal with expenses and handling accounts queries
- Use a document management system to track, manage and store appropriate documentation.
- Arrange travel itineraries
- Dealing with management of the enquiries system
- Arranging training/webinars for fee earners.
- Copying and scanning, including preparation of large files
- General administration work on behalf of fee earners work as required
- Provide reception and front of house cover as required
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- Identify and undertake training and development as required to meet personal and business needs
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post to ensure the smooth running of Myerson
The successful candidates will:
- Have previous legal secretarial or PA experience, ideally in a commercial contracts or corporate team or;
- Have experience working as a PA/EA to senior members of a professional services business
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills
- Have an ability to work to deadlines
- Have an ability to work in a team and independently
- Have strong organisational and time management skills to enable multiple and varied tasks to be carried out simultaneously
- Be literate with a strong eye for detail
- Have excellent MS Office skills (including document production in word)
- Have an ability to type and collate documents
- Have an ability to act in a confidential manner where appropriate
- Have gained previous administrative experience
- Have a flexible approach to fulfilling the duties of the post
Generous annual leave, day off on your birthday, private healthcare, discretionary bonus scheme, smart working, flexible working hours, subsidised gym membership, regular team and firmwide socials, volunteer day, milestone awards, death in service scheme, a contributory pension scheme, genuine career progression and both technical and professional learning and development programmes.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your and a covering letter to:
No agencies please.
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.