Emma Marshall – Solicitor
Emma is a solicitor in our Commercial Litigation department.
Emma studied Law with American Law at the University of East Anglia and spent one year studying at the Cumberland School of Law in Birmingham, Alabama, before completing the Legal Practice Course in Manchester, with distinction.
She trained at Gateley LLP in Manchester and worked at Hill Dickinson LLP post-qualification before joining Myerson in January 2015.
Emma advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, taking a particular interest in claims under The Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations 1993, claims relating to breaches of restrictive covenants and claims requiring injunctive relief.
Highlights of Emma’s work include:
- Representing a number of commercial agents in claims for post-termination payments, including dealing with Court proceedings and at mediation.
- Advising a number of principals on the termination of commercial agents and advising on claim valuations and settlement offers.
- Advising and representing a number of clients on breaches of restrictive covenants or terms of employment contracts of former employees.
- Representing a client in a long-running neighbour dispute which has included injunctive relief, criminal proceedings, appeals, proceedings in the family courts and enforcement action.
- Advising and assisting a charity in an application for urgent injunctive relief and Re Beddoe costs protection.
- Representing a property owner in a complex claim against multiple Defendants.