We are specialists in dealing with complex, high value cases including unfair dismissal, discrimination, maternity and whistleblowing claims as well as group actions.
Our Employment lawyers have a wide range of experience across the whole employment litigation spectrum.
Most contentious employment matters are dealt with in the Employment Tribunal (such as unfair dismissal and discrimination claims). However, parties can also take action through the Courts such as for high value, breach of contract claims and obtaining or defending injunction applications.
Our Employment lawyers collectively have over fifty years’ experience in advising both employers and employees in the Employment Tribunals and the Courts. All members of our team have advocacy experience and we are specialists in dealing with complex, high value cases.
We have particular expertise in relation to claims and group actions concerned with:
- Discrimination and unfair treatment connected with pregnancy or maternity;
- Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 (TUPE) and business transfers;
- Collective or mass redundancies;
- Claims in relation to consultation on business transfers and mass redundancies;
- Employment rights on employer insolvency, administration, reorganisation and restructuring.
Recent examples of our work in this area include:
- Acting for a group of 45 former employees, on a multi-million pound, multi-party TUPE employment tribunal claim arising out of the collapse of an international IT outsourcing provider
- Representing various individuals in relation to discrimination claims against current or former employers, leading to the achievement of six figure settlement sums, including claims against two different FTSE 100 companies
- Representing senior women on maternity leave who are subjected to discrimination or refused the right to return to their jobs, including claims against a national retailer and a local authority
- Acting for an employee in relation to her claim against her FTSE 100 employer involving discrimination, breach of the Data Protection Act and incorrect information on her personnel file
Why use Myerson’s Employment Team?
Our specialist team of employment solicitors is described in the independent Legal 500 directory as “excellent”. In addition, both Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best employment solicitors in the country.
We are determined and robust on your behalf, but also easy to deal with and clear in our advice. We will fight your corner but understand that a common sense approach is often required in order to find solutions that work for you in the context of your professional and personal circumstances.
Collectively, we have over fifty years’ experience of providing strategic employment law advice to senior individuals and others facing difficult work-place issues and who need support and guidance in:
- understanding their legal rights and their practical options; and
- achieving the best possible outcome, whether at the start, during or at the end of their working relationship.
Our ethos is to provide our clients with an alternative to the major regional and national firms by offering high quality legal advice from highly experienced, specialist lawyers, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
In particular, we offer:
- Clear and straightforward advice.
- Cost-effective support and certainty on costs where you need it.
- Extensive experience of advising senior executives, directors, partners and others with complex employment concerns, including discrimination issues and group claims.
- A credible team that is used to dealing with and acting against large employers and law firms on behalf of our clients.
Our approach to costs
We know that clarity on costs is vitally important to our clients. As standard practice, we give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any piece of work at the outset. We then provide costs updates on a regular basis.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that we meet their expectations both in terms of their objectives for a particular piece of work and in relation to costs. In addition, we are happy to discuss fixed fees and retainer arrangements if that is helpful to you.
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Employment Tribunals and Litigation issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at email@example.com or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.