Every employer must provide an employee with a written statement of their terms and conditions of employment covering all the information required by the Employment Rights Act 1996.
In addition, executives, directors and other senior employees should expect to have in place more comprehensive agreements in relation to their employment.
Our Employment lawyers regularly review and advise in connection with the terms of service agreements and contracts of employment, particularly in relation to key issues such as notice entitlements, intellectual property issues, confidentiality and restrictive covenants.
This is often essential advice at the outset of the employment relationship ensuring that terms are understood and difficult issues anticipated.
We also have a wealth of experience in advising on complex remuneration and reward arrangements such as bonus and commission schemes, and golden handshake and golden handcuff terms so as to ensure the position of the executive is fairly and clearly represented.
Recent examples of our work in this area include:
- Reviewing all employment terms and benefits for the Finance Director of a FTSE 100 company, advising on terms to improve and areas where clarification was needed
- Reviewing and advising a senior executive joining a PLC on the terms and effect of their service agreement and amending the agreement to protect the executive
- Advising a director of a national company on the terms of a bonus arrangement and amending the bonus agreement to safeguard the director’s position
- Assisting a senior executive understand the scope of the restrictive covenants they were being asked to accept, particularly in the context of business connections and knowledge they were bringing to their new employer
Why use Myerson’s Employment Team?
Our specialist team of employment solicitors is described in the independent Legal 500 directory as “excellent”. In addition, both Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best employment solicitors in the country.
We are determined and robust on your behalf, but also easy to deal with and clear in our advice. We will fight your corner but understand that a common sense approach is often required in order to find solutions that work for you in the context of your professional and personal circumstances.
Collectively, we have over fifty years’ experience of providing strategic employment law advice to senior individuals and others facing difficult work-place issues and who need support and guidance in:
- understanding their legal rights and their practical options; and
- achieving the best possible outcome, whether at the start, during or at the end of their working relationship.
Our ethos is to provide our clients with an alternative to the major regional and national firms by offering high quality legal advice from highly experienced, specialist lawyers, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
In particular, we offer:
- Clear and straightforward advice.
- Cost-effective support and certainty on costs where you need it.
- Extensive experience of advising senior executives, directors, partners and others with complex employment concerns, including discrimination issues and group claims.
- A credible team that is used to dealing with and acting against large employers and law firms on behalf of our clients.
Our approach to costs
We know that clarity on costs is vitally important to our clients. As standard practice, we give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any piece of work at the outset. We then provide costs updates on a regular basis.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that we meet their expectations both in terms of their objectives for a particular piece of work and in relation to costs. In addition, we are happy to discuss fixed fees and retainer arrangements if that is helpful to you.
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Director Service Agreements and Contracts of Employment issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.