The Government has accepted the Low Pay Commission’s recommendations in relation to changes to the National Minimum Wage (NMW).
However, the Government has not accepted the LPC’s recommendation that the apprentice rate should be frozen.
The Government has announced from 1 October 2013 the following changes:
- the adult NMW rate will increase from £6.19 to £6.31 an hour;
- the NMW rate for 18-20 year olds will increase from £4.98 to £5.03 an hour;
- the NMW rate for 16-17 year olds will increase from £3.68 to £3.72 an hour;
- the apprentice rate will increase from £2.65 to £2.68 an hour; and
- the accommodation offset will increase from £4.82 to £4.91.
Neil Myerson LLP are premier employment solicitors in Cheshire and Manchester. Our expert solicitors advise on all aspects of employment law, including tribunal claims, TUPE transfers, contracts of employment and compromise agreements. We also provide extensive support to HR departments and professionals on the full range of employment matters.