Required information of a website operator
UK website operators are legally obliged to include certain information on their websites (irrespective of whether they are trading websites or not). We can advise you as to the information you are required to disclose on your website for the purposes of your business.
Information that websites are required to display includes the following:
- Name of service provider;
- Geographical address where the service provider is established;
- Details of service provider, including email address;
- In respect of companies, their registered name, registered number, where in the United Kingdom the company is registered and its registered office;
- In respect of regulated professions (e.g. solicitors or doctors), the details of any professional body or similar institution with which the professional is registered, the professional title and the member state where that title has been awarded and reference to the professional rules applicable to the service provider.
Additional information is also required where the website operator is:
- providing services;
- engaging in contracts which will be concluded online; or
- contracting with a consumer.
Our Approach & Our Experience
Our ethos is to provide our clients with an alternative to the major regional and national firms by offering high quality legal advice from highly experienced, specialist solicitors, but on a much more cost-effective basis.
We work closely with our clients to ensure that we meet their expectations both in terms of their objectives for a particular piece of work and in relation to costs. We are easy to deal with, clear in our advice and understand that a common sense approach is often required. As standard practice, we give our clients an estimate of the costs involved in undertaking any piece of work at the outset. We can then provide costs updates on a regular basis. In addition, where appropriate, we are happy to discuss other pricing models (for example, fixed fees and retainer arrangements) if that is helpful to you.
Our team of Commercial Solicitors are ranked Top Tier - Tier 1 by the independent Legal 500 directory. In addition, Partners in our team are recommended by the Legal 500. Therefore, you can be reassured that you will deal with some of the best Commercial Solicitors and IT Solicitors in the country.
Meet Our Specialists
Home-grown or recruited from national, regional or City firms. Our specialists are experts in their fields and respected by their peers.
Mohammed Akeel Latif
Akeel is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Commercial Team at Myerson
Scott is a Partner in our Corporate and Commercial Team
Carla is a Partner and Head of our Commercial Team
Terry is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Commercial Team. Terry is also the Head of the Brexit Team at Myerson.
Richard is Senior Associate in our Corporate Commercial Team
Joanna is a Solicitor in our Corporate Commercial Team
Latest News and Insights
Keep up-to-date with the latest legal news and our expert opinion.