Our team at Myerson has a breadth of experience to provide you with the expert legal support and quality of service you are looking for.
As part of our core values, we provide you with clear and transparent cost information from the outset.
Working in partnership with you on your requirements, matters are assigned to the most appropriate level of fee earner (always subject to partner supervision) to support you throughout your matter and ensure absolute cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
We set out below a summary of our charges which, when combined with our high-quality service, represents excellent value.
We would be happy to discuss our fees with you further, contact us here.
Our range of fixed fees for a business to business debt that is undisputed
These costs apply where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. If the other party disputes your claim at any point, we will discuss any further work required and provide you with revised advice about costs if necessary, which could be on a fixed fee (e.g. if a one-offer letter is required), or an hourly rate if more extensive work is needed.
What our above fixed fee includes:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation.
- Undertaking appropriate searches.
- Sending a letter before action.
- Receiving payment and sending onto you, or if the debt is not paid, drafting and issuing a claim.
- Where no Acknowledgment of Service or Defence is received, applying to the Court to enter Judgment in Default.
- When Judgment in Default is received, writing to the other side to request payment.
- If payment is not received within 14 days, providing you with advice on next steps and likely costs.
Anyone wishing to proceed with a claim should note that:
- The VAT element of our fee cannot be reclaimed from your debtor.
- Interest and compensation may take the debt into a higher banding, with a higher cost.
- The costs quoted above are not for matters where enforcement action, such as instructing a bailiff, is needed to collect your debt.
- Our fees may not be recoverable from the debtor in full. For small claims proceedings (under £10,000) only limited fixed costs are recoverable of up to £170 plus any court fees paid.
- Should a debt recovery claim become defended, additional fees will be payable based on our hourly rate charges set out below.
Hourly rates of our solicitors
The fixed fees in the table above are based on the following hourly rates of our solicitors. Such rates also apply where a debt claim becomes defended and/or enforcement action is required to recover a debt. Where additional charges apply in such circumstances we will provide you with an accurate estimate of charges for each element of additional work before undertaking that work for you:
All rates are subject to VAT at 20%.
How long will the matter take?
Matters usually take 12-16 weeks from receipt of instructions from you to receipt of payment from the other side, depending on whether or not it is necessary to issue a claim. This is on the basis that the other side pays promptly on receipt of a Judgment in Default. If a matter becomes defended and/or enforcement action is needed, the matter will take longer to resolve.