Our professional services team acts for law firms of various sizes and different business mediums.
With the increasing pressures on lawyers ranging from SRA compliance to commoditisation, the ever-changing legal market requires you to balance your business finances, manage your staff (and peers) and maintain a compliance framework.
All of this can lead to significant time away from the business of providing legal services and can have a consequential effect on the efficiency and profitability of your practice.
Our professional services team acts for law firms of various sizes and different business mediums. We provide a full array of advice, solutions and service which will allow you to concentrate on other aspects of your practice. Recent examples of our work include:
- Acting for a multi-disciplinary legal practice on its incorporation from a partnership to a limited company structure, including drafting bespoke shareholders agreement and articles of association;
- Advising a firm of solicitors in relation to it becoming an Alternative Business Structure (ABS) including guidance on the Legal Practice Act 2007 and drafting its constitution;
- Negotiating the successful exit of a director/shareholder from a firm of solicitors established as a private limited company in circumstances where the relationship between each of the shareholders had broken down;
- The appointment and termination of senior partners/members of a legal practice, as well as advising on and providing the relative provisions in its constitution to allow for fixed-share partners; and
- Mergers of firms of solicitors (sole traders, partnerships, LLPs and companies).
We also act for a number of firms of solicitors in relation to overflow work where they may lack capacity, conflict work and in relation to specialist areas of law in which they may not have the relative expertise.
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Lawyers issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.