Contracts with directors and senior executives require a detailed approach to reflect the level of responsibility and to protect the business.
This is typically achieved by way of a senior executive service agreement.
Directors’ responsibilities often include having access to confidential information, trade secrets and the client/customer base of a business. This means it is crucial to put protections in place through the service agreement, such as through the use of post termination restrictions and provisions relating to confidential information.
Our employment solicitors have a wealth of experience in dealing with directors’ service agreements, including providing bespoke agreements to reflect the needs of each particular business through the use of a detailed but efficient questionnaire. We also deal with non-executive director appointments, including drafting letters of appointment.
Further, we regularly advise both employers and employees on the implementation and enforcement of service agreements.
Recent examples of our work in this area include:
- Drafting board level service agreements and consultancy agreements for an energy supplier
- Advising a large wholesale company in respect of its directors’ service agreements
- Putting in place complex bonus arrangements for the directors of a large retail company
- Drafting and advising on the enforceability of complex golden handcuff arrangements
- Assisting our commercial litigation colleagues with the enforcement of restrictive covenants, including pre-action correspondence, applications for injunctions and damages and search and seize orders
For more information on the assistance we can provide, please speak to one of our employment solicitors.
We are also experienced at dealing with the appointment of and employment status issues arising in relation to non-executive directors. For more information please visit our Recruitment and Remuneration page here.
We also assist individuals with their Service Agreements, including negotiating improved terms and advising on the scope and impact of Service Agreements. To find out more please click here
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Directors’ Service Agreements and Terms of Appointment issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at email@example.com or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.