In a fast changing economy we understand the needs of businesses to react quickly both to potential problems and to opportunities and to implement business change.
Business change can involve:
- The sale, disposal or acquisition of a business or part of it
- Changes to corporate structures, for example, from a partnership to an LLP
- Outsourcing or taking in-house certain services or activities
- Reorganisation or restructuring of a business or certain divisions or departments
- Changes to shifts, working arrangements and terms and conditions of employment
- Potential insolvency situations
Such changes are likely to have employment law implications and the success of any transaction or project can be dependent on ensuring that employment law issues and risks are managed in accordance with business objectives in a timely fashion.
The failure to manage such risks can be extremely damaging both from a cost and reputational perspective.
Bolt-On Employment Support
We also understand that such matters can be unfamiliar and complex and that managing certain aspects of projects and transactions can be extremely demanding of both time and business resources.
Our Employment Lawyers have a wealth of hands on experience in supporting businesses at times of business change. In addition to our legal expertise, our in depth experience enables us to bring to any project with employment issues practical guidance and a hands on approach.
We can provide advice, guidance and resources in the following areas:
- Employment due diligence and reporting in the context of business acquisitions, outsourcing and insourcing
- Independent review of provisions relating to employees in acquisition, outsourcing or other contractual documentation
- The management of mass redundancy exercises including in relation to costing, selection and information and consultation arrangements
- The requirements to inform and consult in connection with business transfers
- Management training to improve in-house skills to deal with specific issues or projects
- Independent legal advice in connection with settlement agreements in the context of restructuring or changes to terms and conditions of employment
We work closely with our clients to carefully scope out the cost and requirements of any particular project. We tailor our approach to projects taking into account the degree of assistance and resources required by our clients in the particular circumstances.
This could involve a basic ‘key issues only’ due diligence report or hands on guidance and assistance in a mass redundancy exercise including costs schedules, project planning, selection matrices, meeting scripts and all associated documentation and correspondence.
We provide support directly to our clients on an independent basis or in conjunction with our colleagues in our Corporate and Commercial Department.
We also regularly work alongside our clients’ independent lawyers and accountants to provide additional specialist resource as it is required.
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Bolt-on Employment Support issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at email@example.com or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.