We act in connection with residential and mixed-use developments of all sizes, whether it be a small estate of one or more houses, a block of apartments or large-scale regeneration of an area.
Our expertise covers all aspects of the residential development cycle from planning, site acquisition and funding through to disposal.
We can assist with all aspects of residential development including:
- Advising on the site assembly of the development site, whether this is through a straight land purchase or a more complex arrangement involving options and/or conditional contracts
- Ensuring that all necessary ancillary planning and infrastructure agreements are in place such as section 106 agreements, section 104 agreements, section 38 agreements and section 278 agreements
- Advising on the Community Infrastructure Levy
- Dealing with the funding aspects of a residential redevelopment including liaising with any external funder and addressing their requirements
- Advising on listed building and conservation area issues
- Considering and dealing with environmental and contaminated land liability
- Advising on the effect of tree preservation orders
- Advising on highways matters (including diversion and stopping-up orders)
- Advising on overage arrangements and how to secure future payments
- Dealing with promotion agreements regarding the potential future development of land
Whether you plan to dispose of the completed development on a freehold or leasehold basis, our expert plot sales team can guide you through the disposal process, ensuring that sales are handled efficiently and seamlessly.
Examples of our recent work include the following:
- The acquisition of a site in Salford for a development of over 600 residential properties including the site assembly from several different landowners, dealing with development funding and then managing the sale process to end purchasers.
- Acting for land owners concerning a promotion agreement whereby their land was put through the planning process by the promoter and then sold on to a national housebuilder.
- Acting for landowners in relation to the sale of their land to a national housebuilder by way of a contract conditional upon planning. The contractual arrangements were complex and needed to protect and secure the landowner’s position over a period of several years, whilst the housebuilder gained planning consent.
- Acting for developers in relation to the acquisition of development land upon which to build more than 1,000 houses and dealing with adjoining landowners to facilitate the access to and servicing of the wider development area.
How We Can Help
A member of our specialist team will be happy to help.
To discuss Development – Residential issues, please either use the contact form on the right, email us at email@example.com or call us today on +44(0)161 941 4000 to speak to a member of our team.