With ever changing laws, and procedures and administrative headaches to deal with, the pressures faced by today’s agricultural, farming and rural community are immense.
At Myerson we have a team of experienced solicitors from a range of backgrounds and disciplines who are able to provide a wide range of legal services to the rural and farming community.
Common Agricultural Policy – The New Regime
Our guide to the CAP reforms in England and the New Environmental Stewardship Schemes.
CAP Reform at a glance – the key issues and dates:
- New Basic Payment Scheme (BPS) to roll out on 1 January 2015.
- Current Single Payment Scheme (SPS) Entitlements can continue to be traded until 19 October 2014.
- Existing Entitlements roll forward into the new scheme.
- Reforms to remain in place until 2020 at which time the position will be reviewed.
- First BPS applications due in May 2015.
On Monday 28th April, the government’s bill for the highly contentious £50bn high speed rail network cleared its second reading in Parliament with ease by 452 votes to 41.
The Bill will now move to Committee Stage (where a further detailed examination of the Bill will take place).
A Select Committee will also be formed to consider any petitions made by objecting parties against the Bill, which could potentially result in further amendments being made.
If you require any further information on the items featured in this newsletter or indeed advice on any other agriculture related matter, please contact a member of our Agricultural/Rural Business team.