Simon specialises in the administration of estates and also advises on Wills, Trusts, tax planning, and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
After graduating from Sheffield University, Simon completed his legal training at The College of Law and undertook his training contract at a firm in Altrincham, qualifying as a solicitor in 2014.
Simon spent 6 years in the Wills, Trusts and Probate team at a firm in Warrington, before joining Myerson in 2021.
Simon is a fully qualified Trust and Estate Practitioner, having completed the STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates in 2018. He is a member of the STEP Cheshire Committee.
Expertise and Past Cases
Examples of Simon’s experience include:
- Dealing with estates of all sizes from taxable multi-million-pound estates with agricultural and business assets, and assets in different jurisdictions, to smaller non-taxable estates;
- Acting for independent court-appointed Executors to administer estates that have previously been incorrectly administered, or where there have been arguments between the beneficiaries;
- Advising clients on the best structure for their Wills to protect assets for younger generations and on the best way to structure Wills to mitigate Inheritance Tax;
- Acting as Attorney under a Lasting Power of Attorney; and,
- Guiding clients through the process of creating Lasting Powers of Attorney, and assisting a client in revoking their Lasting Powers of Attorney (and creating new ones) when they decided their attorneys were no longer suitable.