Post date: 24 Oct 2021 (44 days ago)
Salary competitive, dependent upon experience plus excellent benefits, based in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson Solicitors are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented telephonist to join our firm, providing a high-quality receptionist service to the firm and its fee earners.
What you’ll do
- This role is an essential part of our business and is often the first point of contact to new and existing clients. Maintaining a personable yet professional manner is essential as this role will involve communicating with a diverse range of people.
- The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive, efficient and reliable administrative service working as part of a small telephonist team. Some key duties include:
- Answering phone calls from existing clients and directing calls to appropriate parties (or taking messages as appropriate)
- Assisting with new client enquiry calls in a professional manner
- Liaising and building relationships with all of our internal departments – both fee earning and non fee earning
- Providing reception and front of house cover as required
- On occasion, meeting and greeting clients and other visitors to the office
- Dealing appropriately with incoming post and DX
- Providing administrative and other ad hoc support to other departments as required
- Promoting and complying with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- Identifying and undertaking training and development as required to meet personal and business needs
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post to ensure the smooth running of Myerson
Who we are looking for
Dealing with telephone enquiries is the main responsibility of this role so an excellent telephone manner is essential. Previous experience working as a receptionist or telephonist is important, preferably at a law firm or in a professional services environment.
The position would suit someone with excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills. The ability to remain calm under pressure and maintain excellent attention to detail is essential.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.