Residential Property Solicitor / Associate
Residential Property Solicitor / Associate
Post date: 28 Jul 2022 (22 days ago)
An outstanding opportunity to join a top-tier residential property team. With a market-leading salary, a great work-life balance and excellent benefits, you’ll be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Residential Property Senior Associate (2+ years’ PQE) – An outstanding opportunity to join a top-tier residential property team. With a market-leading salary, a great work-life balance and excellent benefits, you’ll be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. Myerson are an award-winning law firm that boasts the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
An excellent opportunity to join an award-winning Property group known for its "exceptional” reputation and recognised as ‘Top Tier’ by the Legal 500.
Working as part of a collaborative team within one of the North West’s largest property groups, the Residential team provide the highest quality advice across a range of residential property matters, demonstrating high levels of technical skill and maintaining strong client relationships. This is an outstanding opportunity to be a part of a team which provides a market-leading service to its clients and allow for progression and development within Myerson’s supportive and collaborative culture.
What you’ll do
- Advise on the sales and purchases of the full range of residential properties, including houses and flats, with a particular focus on high-value properties.
- Deal with the requirements of lenders in relation to sales, purchases and remortgage transactions.
- Assisting on transfers of property portfolios on incorporation of partnership and limited companies.
- Deal with leasehold property issues, including lease extensions and enfranchisement in relation to both flats and houses.
- Assist with matters arising from Myerson’s Insolvency department and Private Client team, including probate property-related matters, probate litigation matters, family trust matters and property transactions arising out of divorce.
- Give accurate, prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of client's requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Liaise and engage with Myerson’s in-house marketing department to promote the Residential Property offering and the Myerson brand whilst actively working on converting enquiries into new matters.
- Undertake additional business development and marketing opportunities, including writing blogs and legal updates, press releases and playing a pro-active role in attending internal and external networking events,
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm’s policies and procedures, including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
Who we are looking for
The position would suit those with good academic background and training who are looking to further develop their career and maintain a good quality of work in a team-orientated environment. Candidates are required to have excellent knowledge of all areas of residential property law and experience in providing high-quality advice in a leading residential property team.
Strong technical ability is essential, but we are also looking for a candidate who wants to contribute to a successful team and play a pro-active role in supervising and nurturing junior members of the department. Therefore, previous experience in supervising or mentoring others is very important.
The role would suit someone with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong organisational and time management skills. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential, and the ability to find solutions to complex legal issues and adapt quickly to new areas of law is required. The successful candidate will have excellent client management and matter management skills.
As an award-winning law firm, we are passionate about finding eager, knowledgeable individuals and supporting them to become leaders in their field. We are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance, finding forward-thinking individuals with enthusiasm for their role.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast-growing, award-winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme. We have also introduced a new Smart Working scheme which allows for an element of home working and greater flexibility around working hours.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.