Residential Property Solicitor
Residential Property Solicitor
Post date: 25 Sep 2020 (31 days ago)
Residential Property Solicitor (3+ years’ PQE) – with a competitive salary, a great work life balance and excellent benefits, you’ll be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. Myerson are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
Working as part of a collaborative team, within one of the North West’s largest property groups, the residential team provide the highest quality advice across a range of residential property matters, demonstrating high levels of technical skill and maintaining strong client relationships. Candidates are required to demonstrate how they can promote the Myerson Prestige Property Service and other legal services offered by the firm to existing and prospective clients and obtain referrals from contacts and referrers. The role will also provide scope for the successful individual to be involved in practice development, not only for the Property group but also for the other legal services offered by the firm.
What you’ll do
- Advise on the sales and purchases of the full range of residential property, including houses and flats, with a particular focus on high value properties.
- Deal with the requirements of lenders in relation to sales, purchases and remortgage transactions.
- Manage purchases, site set ups and bespoke plot sales for developer clients.
- Assisting on transfers of property portfolios on incorporation of partnership and limited companies.
- Deal with leasehold property issues including lease extensions and enfranchisement in relation to both flats and houses.
- Assist with matters arising from the Myerson Private team, including probate property-related matters, probate litigation matters, family trust matters and property transactions arising out of divorce.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Promote the Myerson Prestige Property Service and support the firm with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
Who we are looking for
The position would suit those with a good academic background and training who are looking to further develop their career and maintain a good quality of work in a team-orientated environment. Candidates are required to have excellent knowledge of all areas of residential property law and experience of providing high-quality advice in a leading residential property team.
The role would suit someone with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with strong organisational and time management skills. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential, and the ability to find solutions to complex legal issues and adapt quickly to new areas of law is required. The successful candidate will have excellent client management and matter management skills.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast-growing, award-winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.