Post Title: Residential Property Solicitor (3+ years’ PQE)
Department: Residential Property
Reports to: Head of Residential Property
To provide advice on a wide range of residential property matters as a lead fee earner.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise on the sales and purchases of the full range of residential property, including houses and flats, with a particular focus on high value properties.
- Deal with the requirements of lenders in relation to sales and purchases.
- Deal with leasehold property issues including lease extensions and enfranchisement in relation to both flats and houses.
- Deal with more complex residential property transactions such as drafting transfers of part, sale/acquisition of high value property such as a property with a wider estate, deeds of easement and rectification of titles.
- Deal with smaller residential development sites, including advising on and drafting of transfer documents and sales information packs.
- Assist with matters arising from the Myerson Private team, including probate property-related matters, family trust matters and property transactions arising out of divorce.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Promote the Prestige Conveyancing Service and support the firm with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Assist in the further development of a bespoke case management system for the residential property team and of more efficient working methods
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
This job information cannot be all encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information may be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.