Property Litigation Solicitor
Property Litigation Solicitor
Post date: 25 Jun 2019 (56 days ago)
Property Litigation Solicitor (around 2-8 years’ PQE) - salary competitive, dependent upon experience plus staff benefits, based in Altrincham
Myerson Solicitors are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients from, individuals to large corporate businesses across the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
- The award-winning Property Department are known for their "exceptional” reputation and recognised as ‘Top Tier’ by the Legal 500
- The team are one of the largest and fastest growing property groups in the North West
- Richard Lloyd heads the team of 30, including 6 experienced property partners
- Clients include; Fortis Developments, LAD Bible Group, Peninsula, Dulux, Fairhome Group PLC, TATA Chemicals, Dean Property Group among others
- Commercial landlord and tenant portfolio management disputes
- Forfeiture and possession claims
- Interim and Terminal dilapidations claims
- Dealing with insolvent tenants
- Strategic advice on development site acquisitions
- Easement disputes including rights of light
- Restrictive Covenant disputes
- Development Agreement, Option Agreement and Overage disputes
- Residential landlord and management company disputes
What you’ll do
- Aptitude to respond to clients’ urgent requirements whilst maintaining and supporting the maintenance of a proper work/life balance.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
Who we are looking for
The position would suit someone with a good academic background and training, who is looking to further develop their career. Working within one of the North West’s largest property groups, they will be required to work well with experienced professionals within a team orientated environment whilst maintaining high work standards. Candidates are required to have excellent knowledge of all areas of property litigation and experience of providing high quality advice representing a leading law firm.
The successful candidate will be able to respond to clients’ urgent requirements whilst maintaining and supporting the maintenance of a proper work/life balance. Candidates should have an ability and willingness to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and other departments of the firm.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast growing, award winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Benefits include: Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.