Post Title: Probate Litigation Solicitor (around 0-6 years' PQE)
Department: Dispute Resolution
Reports to: Head of Dispute Resolution
To provide advice on a wide range of probate litigation matters.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Advise clients on all types of probate litigation, including IPFDA claims, validity challenges, removal of executors, construction applications and claims for proprietary estoppel.
- Draft Larke-v-Nugus letters and interrogate and interpret responses.
- Act for claimants and defendants on IPFDA claims and validity challenges, included drafting proceedings, drafting witness statements, undertaking disclosure and instructing counsel.
- Assess and review enquiries and advising members of the public, both by telephone and email. Follow up any enquires and convert those enquiries into clients.
- Applying for medical records reviewing and interpreting the same.
- Assist with matters arising from the Myerson Private team, including advising on Estates that become contested.
- Give accurate, prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality and data protection obligations in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
This job information cannot be all-encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information may be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.
How To Apply
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com