Probate Litigation Solicitor
Probate Litigation Solicitor
Post date: 16 Nov 2021 (6 months ago)
Probate Litigation Solicitor (0-5 years PQE) - with a competitive salary, a great work-life balance and excellent benefits, you will be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Probate Litigation Solicitor (0-5 years’ PQE) - with a competitive salary, a great work life balance and excellent benefits, you will be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our award-winning Contentious Trusts and Probate team, known for its "impressive" reputation and recognised by The Legal 500 having been awarded ‘Top Tier’ status.
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. We are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
Our Contentious Trusts and Probate team deal with a wide range of high-value and complex cases and its strong reputation is long-recognised by The Legal 500 granting them ‘Top Tier’ status.
The growing team currently consists of 9 Solicitors, a Trainee Solicitor and two Paralegals. All of our solicitors are either full members of ACTAPS (the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists) or are working towards this.
What you’ll do
- Draft Larke-v-Nugus letters and interrogate and interpret responses.
- Act for claimants and defendants on IPFDA claims and validity challenges, included drafting proceedings, drafting witness statements, undertaking disclosure and instructing counsel.
- Assess and review enquiries and advising members of the public. Converting those enquiries into clients.
- Applying for medical records reviewing and interpreting the same.
- Assist with matters arising from the Myerson Private team, including advising on Estates that become contested.
- Give accurate, prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Attend internal and external training and networking events
Who we are looking for
The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor between NQ and 5PQE. Previous experience in dealing with contentious probate matters is desirable, however we are willing to consider candidates from a general litigation background who have a genuine, demonstrable interest probate litigation.
The position would suit those with a good academic background and training, who are looking to further develop their career.
Candidates are required to have an excellent client management and matter management skills. The ability to work well with experienced professionals, within a team orientated environment whilst maintaining high work standards and finding sound solutions to complex legal issues is essential.
The successful candidate will conduct their own work and support senior fee earners, working on a wide range of contentious trusts and probate matters, providing high quality advice representing a leading law firm.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast-growing, award-winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme. We have also introduced a new Smart Working scheme which allows for an element of home working and greater flexibility around working hours.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.