Post date: 15 Oct 2019 (31 days ago)
Due to the continued growth of the firm, we have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting directly to the Finance Director, the role will involve assisting them in leading the management reporting aspects of the Finance function.
The role will report to the Finance Director and will involve assisting them in leading the management reporting aspects of the Finance function. The successful candidate will be an experienced AAT-qualified or CIMA/ACCA part-qualified Management Accountant. ACCA/CIMA training will be supported by the firm, if desired by the successful candidate.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Preparing and analysing management accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations – including the preparation of accruals and prepayments; fixed asset register maintenance
- Preparing and analysing budgets, cash-flow forecasts and general financial management reports
- Reporting on key performance indicators influencing business performance and developing measures and initiatives to help drive improvement including proactively driving improvements in reporting and challenging existing reports
- Prepare statements of Partners’ accounts and reconcile balances
- Undertaking financial administration
- First point of contact with Financial Reporting external auditors ensuring that statutory accounts are completed promptly and effectively
- Dealing with other financial and taxation matters concerning the Partners and the Partnership as they arise
- Promoting and complying with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others
- Identifying and undertaking training and development as required in order to meet personal and business needs
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
This job information cannot be all encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information may be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast growing, award winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Benefits include: Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to