Legal PA (Property)
Legal PA (Property)
Post date: 19 Sep 2019 (25 days ago)
Legal PA - salary competitive, dependent upon experience plus excellent employee benefits, based in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson Solicitors are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Legal PA to join our team to provide a high-quality administration service to the firm and its fee earners in the Property department.
What you’ll do
- Produce high quality documents and ensure files are maintained using a document management system.
- Format and amend documents using speech recognition technology.
- Answering phone calls and directing calls to appropriate parties.
- Audio typing using a digital dictation system.
- Carry out due diligence, online property searches and other relevant online searches.
- Order documents from the Land Registry and make applications to the Land Registry including dealing with requisitions raised by them.
- Prepare and submit Stamp Duty Land Tax returns and Land Transaction Returns.
- Prepare bills and ensuring up to date narratives are obtained and logged onto the system, drawing cheques, dealing with expenses and handling accounts queries.
- Arrange travel itineraries and use a diary management system to arrange meetings and make appointments.
- General administration work on behalf of fee earners and carrying out property legal assistant work as required.
- Provide reception and front of house cover as required.
Who we are looking for
The position would be suitable for a candidate with exceptional interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills and experience of providing a high-quality administration service. Excellent MS Office skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete multiple and varied tasks on time and to an appropriate standard. Strong organisational and time management skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of property transactions and the relevant searches however, this is not essential and training will be provided as required.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast growing, award winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.