Post date: 15 Sep 2021 (14 days ago)
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, proactive and enthusiastic HR Assistant to join our Human Resources department. The position will provide direct support to the HR Manager on a wide range of HR activities.
The successful candidate will be dealing with highly sensitive information and must act in a confidential and professional manner at all times. The position would suit those with excellent interpersonal, organisational, verbal and written communication skills, in addition to a flexible approach to fulfilling the duties of the post. Excellent Microsoft Office skills and the ability to carry out multiple and varied tasks simultaneously is essential.
In addition to general HR duties, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to play a key role in the firm’s recruitment process by assisting the In-House Recruiter on a range of administrative tasks and recruitment projects.
The successful candidate will also have the desire to build on their career in human resources and to develop their existing skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. We are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
The successful candidate will work closely with the firm’s HR Manager and In-House Recruiter. In keeping with the firm’s culture and traditions, the HR team work very closely together in a cooperative and collaborative manner. It is therefore important that the successful candidate has excellent communication skills and is able to demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team. The HR Assistant will also be encouraged to contribute and share ideas within the team, again in keeping with the firm’s creative and entrepreneurial spirit.
Duties of the HR Assistant include:
- Supporting the HR Manager on all operational Human Resources matters.
- Updating and maintaining the HR database and personnel files throughout the employment lifecycle. Maintaining effective administrative procedures and systems for HR.
- Answering general HR queries from employees.
- Supporting the annual appraisal process.
- Assisting with training and development of employees.
- Monitoring and managing absence and annual leave processes.
- Administering and advising employees on a range of company benefits and liaising directly with benefit providers.
- Assist the In-House Recruiter with aspects of recruitment, including posting job advertisements, liaising with candidates, tracking applications through the ATS, and scheduling interviews.
- Supporting the onboarding and induction processes for new employees.
- Assisting with the administration on key Human Resources projects.
- Capturing and preparing confidential meeting minutes and recording action points.
- Promoting and complying with legislation and Myerson’s policies in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identifying and undertaking training and development as required in order to meet personal and business needs.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the smooth running of Myerson.
Who we are looking for
This role would suit someone who has:
- The ability to remain professional and act in a confidential manner at all times
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- The ability to work to deadlines
- The ability, and desire, to work as part of a hard-working and successful team
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and the ability to use new software
- A good understanding of HR best practices and techniques
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast growing, award winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme. We have also recently introduced a ‘Smart Working’ scheme which includes elements of flexible and home working.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.