Post date: 24 Jun 2020 (9 days ago)
Employment Solicitor (1-4 years’ PQE) – with a competitive salary, a great work-life balance and excellent benefits, you will be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. We are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
Our Employment team provide the highest level of advice to a large portfolio of clients, both private and business. Our successful and professional team of solicitors are specialists in their field and provide clear and straightforward advice. Our specialist employment team are described in the independent Legal 500 directory as “excellent”. In addition, both Partners and the Senior Associate in our team are recommended by the Legal 500.
Typical duties and responsibilities include
- Delivering legal support across a wide range of employment matters including equality and discrimination; disciplinary and grievance issues; reorganisations and redundancies; settlement agreements; restrictive covenants; TUPE and managing Tribunal claims.
- Drafting, negotiating and interpreting contracts, agreements and policies and procedures.
- Providing accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gaining an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- Assisting in the preparation of seminars and workshops and present at such events.
- Actively working to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Supporting senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
Who we are looking for
The position would suit those with an excellent academic background and training who are looking to further develop their career. Candidates are required to have both excellent communication skills and attention to detail. An exceptional knowledge of employment law is essential in delivering legal support across a wide range of employment matters. The successful candidate will possess the ability to find sound solutions to complex legal and employment issues and adapt quickly to new areas of law.
Candidates must have a pragmatic and solution-focused approach to their work and excellent client management and matter management skills. The ability to work well with experienced professionals, within a team orientated environment is essential, as is work independently on own initiative.
The successful candidate will conduct their own work and support other lead fee earners, working on a wide range of employment matters providing high-quality advice representing a leading law firm.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast-growing, award-winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.