Post date: 2 Jan 2020 (8 months ago)
Construction Solicitor (2-10 years’ PQE) – with a competitive salary, a great work life balance and excellent benefits, you’ll be based at our fantastic offices in the vibrant town centre of Altrincham.
Myerson Solicitors LLP is one of the largest independent legal practices in the North West of England. Myerson are an award-winning law firm that boast the very best expert lawyers within the industry. Working with a variety of clients across a range of services and sectors within the UK and internationally, we can assure you that every day is unique at Myerson.
An excellent opportunity to join an award-winning Property group, known for its "exceptional” reputation and recognised as ‘Top Tier’ by the Legal 500.
Working as part of a collaborative team, within one of the North West’s largest property groups, the Construction team provide the highest quality advice and support to our clients on a range of construction law matters, demonstrating high levels of technical skill and maintaining strong client relationships. The work is interesting and seldom straightforward. We are looking to recruit an additional person to join our growing team who can turn their hand to both contentious and non-contentious matters although we will also consider specialists.
The successful candidate will be responsible for not only acting for the firm’s existing clients, but also in assisting the partner to generate construction work from the existing client base and contact network.
What you’ll do
- Advise on procurement strategies and the preparation and negotiation of standard form and bespoke construction and engineering contracts, sub-contracts, professional appointments, guarantees, bonds and other ancillary construction documents.
- Advise on the construction aspects of development agreements including funding and property agreements.
- Project manage the documentation process for complex transactions. Manage and co-ordinate the negotiation and completion of multiple construction documents including appointments and collateral warranties on large development projects.
- Actively support complex transactions including liaising with fee earners from other disciplines as required.
- Manage and advise on construction disputes and their resolution including by adjudication, mediation, arbitration or litigation for a range of clients which can relate to diverse projects and including large complex high value disputes.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic, commercial and relevant advice to clients’ whilst managing their expectations.
- Take responsibility for providing a high standard of client care and develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Support with marketing activities, including; writing articles, identifying and being pro-active in networking and business development.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal and business needs.
- Keep up to date of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research as required.
Who we are looking for
The position would suit those with a good academic background and training who are looking to further develop their career and maintain a good quality of work in a team orientated environment. Candidates are required to have good knowledge of all areas of construction law and experience of providing high quality advice.
The department's "strong reputation" is recognised by the Legal 500 granting them “Top Tier” status. It also has a niche in acting for developer clients and is extremely active in this area, having acted on such prominent transactions as the development of 2 St Peters Square, Manchester and the development of Furness Quay in Salford Quays, a development of over 600 residential apartments.
The culture at Myerson offers an innovative and distinct workplace in both its approach and ideologies.
Find out what it's like to work at our fast growing, award winning law firm by reading the Myerson Careers Brochure here.
Generous annual leave, private healthcare, death in service scheme, subsidised gym membership and a contributory pension scheme.
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV to
Myerson are strong advocates of a successful work/life balance and proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We welcome applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds with the same ethos, passion and enthusiasm.