Post Title: Commercial Solicitor (around 0-5 years' PQE)
Department: Corporate Commercial
Reports to: Head of Corporate Commercial
To assist Partners and Senior Solicitors on a wide range of non-contentious commercial matters.
Typical matters include; IT, E-Commerce & Telecoms contract; software development, licensing and hosting agreements; web-development agreements; data protection; advice on IPRs; assignment and licensing of intellectual property rights; franchising; outsource / consultancy / procurement agreements; joint venture and collaboration agreements; commercial contracts and trading agreements; standard terms of business and supply, agency and distribution agreements; advice on competition law.
Main Duties & Responsbilities
- Deliver legal support across a wide range of commercial matters including drafting, negotiating and interpreting contracts.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of the clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintaining strong relationships with clients.
- Actively work to convert an enquiry into a new matter.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the company’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the smooth running of Myerson.
This job information cannot be all encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information may be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.