Post Title: Commercial Property Solicitor (around 0-5 years' PQE)
Department: Commercial Property
Reports to: Head of Commercial Property
Assisting partners and conducting own work under partner supervision on a wide range of commercial property matters. The clients are predominantly owner-managed small, medium and large enterprises in the North West and further afield.
Typical matters are:
- Sales and acquisitions of properties
- Landlord and Tenants work acting for both landlords and tenant
- Development work acting for residential and commercial developers
- Secured lending acting for clearing banks, other banks and financial institutions
- Option and pre-emption agreements
- Overage arrangements
- Assisting the corporate/commercial department with property aspects of corporate matters
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Aptitude to respond to clients’ urgent requirements whilst maintaining and supporting the maintenance of a proper work/life balance.
- Give accurate prompt, realistic and relevant advice in response to clients’ enquiries whilst managing their expectations.
- Gain an understanding of clients’ requirements and how to achieve their needs.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Actively work to convert enquiries into new matters.
- Support senior fee earners with marketing opportunities, including; writing blogs and press releases, and to be pro-active in networking and business development.
- Ensure proper file management.
- Ensure all time recording is accurate.
- Ensure billing is completed to agreed timescales.
- Maintain confidentiality in line with the firm’s policies and procedures; including dealing with confidential documents.
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, case law and carry out legal research.
- Promote and comply with legislation and Myerson’s policies on equal opportunities and health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Identify and undertake training and development as required in order to meet personal, SRA and business needs.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties, commensurate with the level of the post so as to ensure the efficient running of Myerson.
This job information cannot be all encompassing. It is inevitable over time that the emphasis of the job will change without changing the general character of the job or the level of duties and responsibilities entailed. This information may be periodically reviewed, revised and updated in consultation with the post holder to reflect appropriate changes.