Our Projects team specialises in dealing with transactions which involve the setting up of complex structures and transactions that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
We act for a diverse range of clients whether their project is wholly within the private business sector or involves collaboration with public sector bodies.
Our Projects team has a wealth of experience in commercial law, corporate structures, finance, employment law, outsourcing, property development and agricultural law and can draw on its technical expertise to deliver cost-effective solutions in a wide variety of matters.
We are experienced in advising and assisting with:
- Private equity financing (including venture capital transactions)
- Secured corporate lending
- Joint ventures and collaborations
- Commercial contracts and trading agreements
- Public procurement and tenders
- Outsourcing / consultancy agreements
- Development site assembly
- Property management of client portfolios
- Software licensing, infrastructure and outsourcing
Therefore, whatever your project requirements are, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss your project in detail to ensure your projects gets off to the best possible start.
Recent examples of our work in this area include:
- Advising and assisting with the development of a specialist recycling plant in the UK including negotiating a joint venture agreement for the commissioning, construction and operation of the plant, negotiating a specialist equipment supply agreement and bank guarantees and providing on-going support and assistance for the project
- Advising a specialist manufacturer and supplier of specialised medical equipment on their existing supply structure in the UK and proposed new supply structure, including analysing the merits of a franchising model, agency model, distribution model as against an in-house sales team, and providing further advice on termination of existing supply and agency agreements and any potential claims under the Commercial Agents (Council Directive) Regulations
- Assisting a large multi-national in relation to the site acquisition, design and build of substantial commercial office premises in Manchester (including advising on sale and lease-back arrangements and contractor and professional warranties)
- Advising a national retail client in connection with the site acquisition and development of a retail warehouse in Manchester
- The site assembly of a greenfield site in Cheshire and its joint venture development with a National Housebuilder
- Drafting and negotiating software licence and support agreements incorporating NHS standard terms and conditions for the purchase of products and services to govern the provision of IT, software and support to hospitals, NHS Trusts and Foundations.