Portfolio / Estates Management
As with most assets, in order to get the best possible returns it is necessary to manage a property portfolio/estate carefully.
Our solicitors have a wealth of experience in assisting both landlords and tenants in dealing with ongoing management issues relating to commercial property, in order to actively manage the portfolio/estate.
We will give you clear, commercial advice on the management of your assets.
We act for clients ranging from sophisticated property investors with tens of millions of pounds of property under investment, to smaller private property companies or individuals with just a few properties.
We also act for tenants who have a substantial estate of properties to manage, or perhaps just a couple of properties.
We can assist you with all aspects of the management of your property including:
- Dealing with the sale or purchase of a single property or groups of properties
- Dealing with the letting of property
- Acting in relation to applications for licences to assign, licences to grant underleases or licences for alterations
- Advising in connection with rent review provisions and the interpretation of clauses regarding rent reviews
- Advising on dilapidations and the return or reinstatement of premises
- Dealing with the funding or refinancing of the portfolio/estate
Our expert property litigators will support you whenever you need it, in areas including the following:
- Renewal leases pursuant to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Bringing a forfeiture action
- Breach of covenant claims
- Recovery of rent arrears
- Dilapidations claims
- Right to light disputes
- Rent review disputes
- Possession claims
- Solicitor or surveyor negligence claims
- Tenant insolvency
- Nuisance and trespass claims
In response to the demands of our portfolio/estate clients, we have developed an online facility accessed via the internet whereby clients can access information relating to their properties in real time. This online storage facility allows huge numbers of documents to be gathered in a single location and ordered in such a way that all pertinent information relating to a particular property is immediately at your fingertips. This can greatly assist in the management of a property portfolio/estate.
A particular example of this storage facility is the work that we carry out on behalf of our client, the Akzo Nobel UK group of companies. The key property information relating to the Akzo Nobel group of companies within the UK can be accessed via this online facility. This includes title documents, leases, licences, rent review documents, etc. The client can access property information relating to over 200 leases that they hold in respect of their Dulux Decorator Centres throughout the UK. Documents are constantly uploaded as new lease documents are completed and this allows the property managers to have real time access to all necessary property documents for reference purposes. Documents can be downloaded or printed as required.
This online facility is secure and clients are given their own designated login and password details, which allow different levels of access to the information, if required.
Examples of our recent work for property portfolio/estate clients include the following:
- Acting for Akzo Nobel Property Group and Dulux Decorator Centres in relation to all of their leasehold property requirements across England and Wales. Their UK leasehold estate runs to more than 180 stores
- Acting for a substantial private property company in relation to the repositioning of its property portfolio, including the disposal of certain assets and the purchase of new properties
- Acting for a private property company in relation to the refinancing of its portfolio of commercial properties with a new funder
- Acting in connection with the purchase of numerous properties for a private property company by way of private treaty and auction purchases and dealing with the completion of occupational leases in relation to various properties