Myerson are regularly instructed on high-value, complicated international disputes.
We are retained by businesses and individuals from across the EU and beyond and we are regularly instructed to pursue businesses and individuals that are located in other jurisdictions.
We are members of the International Law and Accounting Group, MSI [link to MSI] which allows us to call upon assistance from highly regarded and respected lawyers in over 100 jurisdictions.
We are able to advise swiftly as to the best jurisdiction for you to bring your claim and thereafter to enforce a judgement. We are experts in the field of recognition and enforcement of foreign judgments, both in terms of enforcing foreign judgments in the courts in this country and registering and enforcing an English judgment in foreign jurisdictions.
We have experience of international arbitration and can work with lawyers in other jurisdictions to achieve early settlement of litigation.
Our experience includes:
- Successfully bringing a claim on behalf of a high tech manufacturing business based in England against an oil expiration company based in Romania on the Black Sea coast. Attending round the table settlement discussions in Constanta and Bucharest, Romania and recovering payment in excess of $1.1M US dollars.
- Acting on behalf of an English agent against a large American manufacturer, based in San Diego, California. Obtaining judgement in the United Kingdom and recovering payment from California.
- Acting on behalf of a French manufacturer of emergency nuclear fallout shelters and disaster relief equipment (whose customers include governments and NGO’s internationally) against an English distributor for a significant sum.
- Defending a claim brought by an Icelandic bank against an entrepreneur based in Barbados in relation to a $26M development in Barbardos.
- Commercial agency claims against principals and manufacturers in Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Italy, the Czech Republic, France, Germany and the United States.