Bik-ki Irving – Partner
Bik-ki is a Partner in our Wills, Trusts and Probate department
Bik-ki studied law at the University of Liverpool and trained at Stephensons. Before joining Myerson in 2016, she was a Partner and Head of Wills and Wealth Planning at SAS Daniels.
Bik-ki is a member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and is also a full member of the organisation Solicitors For the Elderly (SFE) and has the role of regional co-ordinator arranging training for other solicitors in this area of law for the Staffordshire and Cheshire area.
Bik-ki has years of experience dealing with high net worth individuals as well as those whose have more complicated circumstances or those with mental capacity issues and is known for her friendly and professional manner as well as her ability to communicate complex issues simply.
Bik-ki is also a member of the Private Client Section with the Law Society.
Examples of work include:
- Preparing Wills for a farming family partitioning the family business and advising on agricultural property relief and succession planning.
- Preparing lasting powers of attorney for a young client with fluctuating mental capacity and liaising with the medical profession to ensure that the individual had capacity at the time of signing. The matter was more complicated as they had been flagged by the court as a vulnerable person.
- Advising a client on their duties as an executor on a self-administered estate in which the beneficiaries were making a claim for unaccounted missing funds and negotiating a settlement figure with the beneficiaries.
- Advising clients on gifting options, mitigation of inheritance tax and the impact if they should enter long term care.
- Advising clients on the administration of a family trust which consisted of an estate being partitioned into shares and sold off and the taxation position.
- Inheritance Tax and estate Planning
- Preparing complex Wills containing trusts
- The administration of complex estates
- The administration and creation of trusts
- Making and registering Lasting and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Dealing with Mental Capacity Issues
WHAT THE LEGAL 500 SAYS ABOUT BIK-KI
“Bik-ki Irving is experienced in wills and estate planning and administration. She has a particular focus on issues affecting elderly and disabled clients, with sources commenting: “She has a very easy, approachable and friendly manner. She is also very clear and communicates well.”