Adam Maher – Head of Department
Adam is the head of our busy commercial litigation department, which is rated “top tier” by the Legal 500.
Adam has been in practice for over 10 years and has previously worked at major national and regional firms.
He is highly regarded for his work in commercial agency disputes and is rated by the 2013 edition of the Legal 500 where he is described as ‘fair and courteous but, equally, dismisses the spurious and vexatious with firm resolve’.
He is a specialist in contractual, partnership, company and professional negligence disputes and has successfully handled complex pieces of litigation, including:
- Obtaining a court-sanctioned search order and arranging for the simultaneous surprise searches of a laboratory, office and residential property. The dispute was intricate and involved allegations of breaches of restrictive covenants, misuse of confidential information, intellectual property infringement, theft and conspiracy. The team acted swiftly in preserving vital evidence and recovering reams of stolen documentation that was vital to the client’s business. The dispute resolved favourably for the client
- Successfully claiming ownership over a network of former “Blue John” mines in Derbyshire (now commercially successful as a tourist attraction) and recovering a share of the profits made by the business in previous years
- Successfully pursuing a claim against a Romanian company resulting in a payment of in excess of US$1.1 million. The dispute arose from the sale of equipment for use in connection with oil exploration and was resolved following Adam’s attendance at “round table” meetings in Bucharest and Constanta in Romania
- Commercial contract disputes
- Property disputes
- Company, shareholder and partnership disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Commercial debt collection
- Intellectual property and IT disputes
- Insolvency and bankruptcy litigation
- Disputes with banks
- Commercial agency compensation claims
- Defective goods and products
- Liability claims
- Inheritance disputes
- Mediation and Arbitration
- Injunctive relief and search orders
Adam is regularly instructed to act in international disputes.
Myerson is a member of the MSI Global Alliance, a leading, international association with over 250 highly-regarded, independent member firms in more than 100 countries throughout the Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa regions and Adam often provides advice in conjunction with MSI partner firms in other jurisdictions.
WHAT THE LEGAL 500 SAYS ABOUT ADAM
“Clients of the ‘excellent’ department at Myerson Solicitors LLP include TATA Chemicals Europe and ICI Dulux. Adam Maher heads the team, which includes Tim Norman.”
Legal 500, 2016
“Adam Maher is able and confident and well prepared, and is notable for his experience in disputes relating to The Commercial Agents Regulations”.
“The timely and very responsive team at Myerson Solicitors LLP includes Tim Norman and Adam Maher”
Legal 500, 2015
“Adam Maher, who combines instant perception of what’s needed with the ability to quickly clarify strategy, recently advised on injunctive relief applications”.
Legal 500, 2014
“Partner Adam Maher is fair and courteous but, equally, dismisses the spurious and vexatious with firm resolve”.